You think GTA is p*ssing off the wackos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You hit the nail on the head right their. None of those games really appeal to me aside from Zelda. I cannot justify buying a system for one game though. I own a 360 but I buy games that have plots/story's that appeal to me.

That's the same reason that I don't own a 360. There's nothing that really appeals to me outside of Silpheed and maybe Fable. Not enough there to justify a new console. I'll grab one later in its life when its titles get a bit more diverse. You'll probably pick up a used Wii in a year or two when the price and availability isn't akin to finding ice water in hell.

That's the same reason that I don't own a 360. There's nothing that really appeals to me outside of Silpheed and maybe Fable. Not enough there to justify a new console. I'll grab one later in its life when its titles get a bit more diverse. You'll probably pick up a used Wii in a year or two when the price and availability isn't akin to finding ice water in hell.

Exactly, my son turns 2 the end of this month so yeah a year or two sounds about right. I am glad to see their is a console out their like the Wii though because it does fill a gap in market.

Besides the ever-present Sports and Play...

Geometry Wars
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Rayman: Raving Rabbids (1 and 2)
Baroque
Mariokart Wii
No More Heroes
Guitar Hero III

It all depends on what your definition of a good title is. You're not going to find many things like Medal of Honor, etc on here b/c it's not a top end system. However good graphics never promise a good game and vice-versa.

So, what's your style?

Ah yes, Zelda. I forgot about that. An excellent franchise for sure.

I guess I'm kinda with Drake though, there's just not enough on Wii that I like to justify me buying one at the moment.

I guess I'm mainly into action/adventure/shooter-type stuff. I play a lot of Orange Box, Oblivion, COD4, Gears of War, and some Halo 3, although let's be honest, Halo 3 really isn't much to get excited about.

I guess I kind of like the shooters/first-person games that have some depth and quality to them, like puzzle elements and whatnot, rather than just shoot, shoot, shoot, kill, kill, kill. I guess that explains my affinity to Orange Box and Oblivion. Oh, and Bioshock too, that one was great, in my opinion.

So yeah, 360 is definitely the best choice for me at present. They've probably got the best selection of that type of game.

I do also enjoy Guitar Hero (I own 2 and 3), but that's not a Wii exclusive by any means...

Ah yes, Zelda. I forgot about that. An excellent franchise for sure.

I guess I'm kinda with Drake though, there's just not enough on Wii that I like to justify me buying one at the moment.

I guess I'm mainly into action/adventure/shooter-type stuff. I play a lot of Orange Box, Oblivion, COD4, Gears of War, and some Halo 3, although let's be honest, Halo 3 really isn't much to get excited about.

I guess I kind of like the shooters/first-person games that have some depth and quality to them, like puzzle elements and whatnot, rather than just shoot, shoot, shoot, kill, kill, kill. I guess that explains my affinity to Orange Box and Oblivion. Oh, and Bioshock too, that one was great, in my opinion.

So yeah, 360 is definitely the best choice for me at present. They've probably got the best selection of that type of game.

I do also enjoy Guitar Hero (I own 2 and 3), but that's not a Wii exclusive by any means...

Halo 3 was a beefed up version of Halo 2 honestly, the graphics where better and they added Forge which is pretty cool. But the biggest reason why I wanted Halo 3 was to finish the story arc. I read the books as well so I was way pumped about Halo 3. I finished campaign mode in Halo 1-3 before I touched Multi Player. I am all about a great story. Even the story in GTA 4 is pretty cool. COD4 is really the only game I bought just so I could blow shit up and what not.

Halo 3 was a beefed up version of Halo 2 honestly, the graphics where better and they added Forge which is pretty cool. But the biggest reason why I wanted Halo 3 was to finish the story arc. I read the books as well so I was way pumped about Halo 3. I finished campaign mode in Halo 1-3 before I touched Multi Player. I am all about a great story. Even the story in GTA 4 is pretty cool. COD4 is really the only game I bought just so I could blow shit up and what not.

I don't care so much for a story in my FPSes. Quake 3... that's what I'm talking about. I spent most of my Q3 time on an excessive mod server at 150% speed, so when I tried out Halo, it was so slow. But it did make for a few good laughs running around and shooting people with the sniper rifle at some 50 feet away from them. :)

The only exception to this rule is Tron 2.0 . I'm a big Tron fan, so yeah I trounced that game at every level :D

Back