You wouldn't BELEIVE how close Blue Eyes are to Albinoism!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"This gene does something good for people. It makes them have more kids."

I wonder what they mean by this

Hmm i remember in biology they taught that there are genes affecting eye color and that you get some from each parent and brown is dominant unless you get a majority of the blue gene, or something like that. Im sure it was an oversimplification because there are just so many different color variations.

"This gene does something good for people. It makes them have more kids."

I wonder what they mean by this

I think they are referring to the fact that those with the mutation of blue eyes were considered more attractive than the others with just brown eyes. Thus they reproduced more often and passed on the genes for blue eyes.

What about a babies eye's changing colors? My cousin's baby, who's half white/asian, was born with blue eyes and then turned brown as he got older. Gene gets started back up and "matures"?

I thought almost everything is born with blue eyes. All my cats were born with blue eyes and they turned to gold. My black cousin was born with blue eyss and they turned brown. I mean wtf.?

[/drinkasd;lk]

I thought almost everything is born with blue eyes. All my cats were born with blue eyes and they turned to gold. My black cousin was born with blue eyss and they turned brown. I mean wtf.?

[/drinkasd;lk]

The gene regulates the amount of melanin (pigment) that is generated in the eyes. Newborns have blueish eyes because the melanin has not started being made. If the gene is deactivated, it results in albinism. If it's halfway deactivated, blue eyes are the result. Very little melanin is stored. Full throttle and you've got brown eyes.

I'm sure the melanin is there for protection from the sun, the same as dark skin. It needs to be replenished, as can be shown by your eyes taking on a slight color change after a long day outside or in a swimming pool.

EDIT: I'm also certain that they'll find something similar and extremely close to explain blond hair.

Last edited:
Yes, Blond(e) hair is a mutation. Humans are naturally black, black hair, brown eyes with a protrusion of the lower jaw. Out of Africa theory teaches as that Africans are baseline.

Green eyes (like Red hair, and most red heads have green eyes) must be a stranger mutation.

Mitochondriac Eve theory states that we all came from 6 women. (This is also Out of Africa theory)

And if you want a real mental exercise, think about "Out of Earth" theory.

Back