1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your tax dollars hard at work

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by klyph, Jun 20, 2009.

1. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

2. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Haha.

If you hate that your tax money is being spent on that, you'd absolutely despise what we do in my office.

3. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

The sad thing is, this is one of the more reasonable uses of Federal funds.

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Very cool. I don't mind it. Gives the air force a couple of show cars to flaunt around for recruiting. And its great engineering exercises to boot.

Honda has their little robot, Toyota has all sorts of pointless oddball toys.. This is money well spent. Great for company morale, thinking outside of the box, press coverage, etc..

Whats really funny is, when the govt took a controlling interest in GM I was going to photo chop a mil-spec new camaro.. (OD green, serial numbers stenciled, weapons here and there.. Was too lazy to do it, and now they've beat me to it.

5. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Other than the paint and interior the Challenger looks lame to me. The Mustang looks pretty cool though. But having a shifter between the legs seems like it'd be awkward. You could smack your nuts powershifting!

6. 94H_Ex

94H_Ex Under employed

military issued equipment into american muscle? yeah. sounds decent to me. I'd rather them invest and adapt new ways into cars. I mean, we've always thought, as a general population, that in the new millennium we're going to have flying cars and newer ways of life. I'd rather them spend the money on new engineering, than to go out and bail a dying company thats just going to file for bankrup.

7. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

New engineering? Are you shitting me? They didn't develop any new technology, and I'll bet that the cars were built by civilian contractors anyway. They made some gimmicky cars so that 18-25 year olds would think "zomg teh military is win".

It's obviously working.

8. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

He said he wants them to invest in new technology not that they used/created new tech.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted