YS1 INTO B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

OK i bought a LS YS1 tranny for my B16 cuz my lsd on my current y1 is grinding 2nd.I'm also going turbo so might as well i hate the short gearing on my Y1 on the FREEWAY it blows,anyw00t.

??????? What will i need to put this tranny into my b16 1st Gen i have the SIR axles & intermediate shaft is this all i will need.

2nd ????? will my ACT Clutch,Pressure plate & flywheel bolt up with no PROBLEMS

no its the other way aroun y1 is on there now,im going to put on the ys1 ls will i be able to use all my current parts axles clutch,pressure plate & flywheel

Yeah everything should work fine. Let me know how driving a tall geared b16 is.

hhmmm you said that weird like.....see how you like your BIG mistake kinda lol
J/K

Yeah it should be better than know specially with my TURBO. :imgone:

If its a cable tranny yes it'll bolt up just fine. You can also youse the integra 90-91 clutch. When you buy aftermarket clutch thats what you got to look for from the 90-91 teg.

Yes I checked and the splines are a bit bigger as i was told that the 93 model TEG tranny changed, so i will be getting a F&S clutch 6 puck for 129.00.
So everything else will fit right,like the flywheel & pressure plate.

Originally posted by arpee79@Oct 6 2003, 11:16 PM
OK i bought a LS YS1 tranny for my B16 cuz my lsd on my current y1 is grinding 2nd.I'm also going turbo so might as well i hate the short gearing on my Y1 on the FREEWAY it blows,anyw00t.

Dood if you hate the short gearing yith the Y1 you are going to HATE the YS1 I got one on my 89 Civic Hatch DX and I turn 4000 rpm in 5th riding through town. That SOB is geared low as F*#K!

I thought plp say that the LS has longer GEARS sup with that,whos right is it good for turbo or not? <_<

Originally posted by brc80@Oct 8 2003, 08:06 PM
Ls = Taller Gears

It depends the LS came with like 3 different Trannys. The YS1 has the shortest gears of them all (Cable anyways)

longer gears is better for turbo....any one know how a b16 performs with longer gears?

correct me if I am wrong but The ys1 was only 92-93 and they were offered two different ways in Ls form with tall gears, and short gears for the Gs-r. And for the record the splines are different from 88-91 to 92-93.

Originally posted by khrisb+Oct 10 2003, 06:19 PM-->
h22bubbleback
@Oct 10 2003, 04:39 PM
longer gears is better for turbo....

Who told you that?

its true because if u got short gears u will be in 5th gear redlined by the end of a 1/4 and thats no good...i heard the same thing when i bought my b16 if you are goin boost u want the LS tranny ebcause of the longer gears because then you wont be at redline at the end of a 1/4 when you turbo

Originally posted by 87B16CRX+Oct 12 2003, 02:15 AM-->
Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 10 2003, 06:19 PM
h22bubbleback
@Oct 10 2003, 04:39 PM
longer gears is better for turbo....

Who told you that?

its true because if u got short gears u will be in 5th gear redlined by the end of a 1/4 and thats no good...i heard the same thing when i bought my b16 if you are goin boost u want the LS tranny ebcause of the longer gears because then you wont be at redline at the end of a 1/4 when you turbo

internet myth homie.

Back