Ys1/s1 Trannies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crizx

ok i got a ys1 ls tranny and a s1 b16 tranny... is there a way to combine the two trans' and make a descent one out of the two???

What's your idea of a "decent" tranny? What motor is it going to be attached to?

Answer those questions and then we can help you better...

i got a ls/vtec in my ef civic.. currently attatched to an ls trans... i have a spare ys1 tranny and a s1 jdm b16 tranny that has bad synchros... can i interchange the gears of the 2 trannies to make a quick tranny with a highway gear?

The LS 5th gear can be used in the B16 S1, Y1, and J1 trannies, however, I have doubts that the synchros are the same. If you want to combine them, you'll need to use the S1 case, new S1 synchros (I think) and the LS 5th gear.

Here is a thread on hondatech about it (pictures are down):
Honda-Tech.com: Honda CRX / EF Civic: FAQ: How-To: LS 5th Gear Install guide! JDM B16 S1

If I remember correctly, there is a website somewhere that's hosting the info too, along with the pictures. I can't find it right now, but with a little google work I'm sure you can.

Back