ys1/y1 gear ratio question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rdog

I have a ys1 transmission off a b18a1 from a 92 integra that I want to swap onto my b16a because the y1 has had it. The chart at Fatboy Raceworks Graphical Transmission Gear Ratio Calculator makes it look like the gearing in a ys1 transmission is even shorter than the y1. Is that the case or do I just not understand that chart. And does anyone know the engine rpm's with a ys1 going 60 mph? My b16a with a y1 does about 3350.

the problem with that calculator is that it uses the YS1 from the GSR, or the JDM version, which is not the same YS1 you've got. you have a YS1 from a USDM LS(RS, GS, limited, they are all the same i believe) which much lower gear ratios. the chart on the link below shows correct ratios. the ys1 you have is the one on the far right side of the chart.
B-SERIES TRANSMISSION SPECS AND CODES - Honda Forum / Acura Forum - SuperHonda.com
that ys1 is, and will feel, like having an LS trans in your low torque car. the difference will be pretty big, but if you are just trying to get back on the road, it's not so bad. with that trans, and my redline at 8500 i could break 105mph in third gear. which would have been perfect if the engine was boosted, but N/A it dragged me down big time.

Back