YT and HD ...wow.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:, I'm spoiled and can't watch 700mb downloaded movies anymore... Been getting more and more bluray rips at humungo resolutions. :D

aren't blu-ray rips like 20gbs? I like watching High Res videos, but i dont have the bandwidth or storage space for that.
Hulu streams at 480i which looks pretty good. Any one know of any other good sites like Hulu or youtube that streams decent resolution shows/movies?

Uncompressed they are, but just like how you can compress an 8GB DVD down to 700MB, Bluray rips are about 2.5GB

Ya but a 700mb dvd rip doesn't look as good as a DVD. Why get a blu-ray rip if you're compressing it down to DVD quality?

Ya but a 700mb dvd rip doesn't look as good as a DVD. Why get a blu-ray rip if you're compressing it down to DVD quality?

It's definitely beyond DVD quality but not quite Blueray quality... Kinda of like HD cable quality.

I dunno, dollars per gigabyte is still pretty ridiculous no matter if you're putting it on hard drives or burning DVD's. I love streaming because once I watch something once, I rarely want to watch it a second time. I don't have a lot of stored movies for that reason. I'm happy with streaming and renting from blockbuster or netflix. I don't have a need to "own" a movie that I will watch maybe twice.

its pretty hard to complain about hard drive sizes now adays. i mean 1TB drives are sliding under a bill. thats roughly 20 BR movies uncompressed. and if you have a good ripping and compressing program, you can still get great quality. shit thats what comcast does anyway, compress and blow it up to the required pixels to be "HD." most people wont be able to tell and its X times better than standard DVD.

HTPC with 2 TB hard drive + Demonoid = HD epuhoria

Its only good to watch if you have the right equipement. My laptop can only do so much.
But I think its pretty cool that many streaming sites are getting better to get more better quality than just setting the video control picture settings. pretty cool.

If its live action, then I can see how this would benefit. But when it comes to animation and cartoons, there are only so much you can do for them.

Back