Yus rly. There is water on the Moon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Something tells me it's like any extremely exciting event (sex, skydiving, bungee jumping, shopping cart luge). It's a tremendous, sometimes traumatic, life changing event the first time, which successively loses significance with each repetition.

Try mixing it up, for example:

Bungee Jumping from a helicopter in a shopping cart while having sex. lol gives it all a bit more significance. Adrenaline is a drug that wears off way to quickly.

Sky diving is nothing like you would think. You are laying on a cushion of air that supports your full weight. It is very controlled. Quite calm. A little boring to be honest.

After jumping out of an airplane at 12000 ft, The only thought that was going through my head was.. "well.. that sucked." Not that it really sucked, but I wanted the full out adrenaline-rush-balls-out-screaming-freaking-the-fuck-out-life-flahing-before-my-eyes-on-the-edge-of-losing-consciousness-holy-fucking-shit!! all the way to the ground kind of thing.. What I got was some peaceful hippy shit.. Too calm and controlled. I left a little sad, wondering what the hell is next? If that wasn't the thrill I was looking for, what is??

Its the free fall part that interests me. But as I said, free falling at very high altituteds where you get 2 to 4 minutes of free fall.

I don't think you'd want to fall from that high... or even think about jumping from a plane that was up that far. I jumped at 13k feet and there was maybe a minute of flying time before the chute pull. Considering that terminal velocity while skydiving is about 120mph- you're traveling at 2 miles per minute- you'd have to jump from 6-8 MILES up to get 3-4 minutes of freefall. That's 31k-42k feet! Right up at cruising altitude for a lot of passenger jets... actually higher than quite a few.

It would be nice for using it while you're there, nevermind the fact that you'd have no oxygen to burn it with.
Its the next big thing, Oxygen injection. just think about it, the oil companies will love it; just one more thing you have to buy from them. LOL

That's the truth. The sad thing is that people are still paying for things like bottled water. The Economy is kinda funny if you think about what people are actually waisting their money on.

That's the truth. The sad thing is that people are still paying for things like bottled water. The Economy is kinda funny if you think about what people are actually waisting their money on.

I drink bottled water exclusively. The garbage that comes out of the tap here will make you sick. Literally. And it tastes and smells fucking horrible.

You don't live anywhere near mexico? I would be looking into a filter for that shit. I wonder how much they would charge for filtered moon water?

Dude where I went to grad school the public water supply was so bad that it would alter your body by just showering in it.

It was found to have large amounts of estrogen and progesterone. When all these girls take BC, it doesn't completely metabolize so when they piss, they are pissing female hormones into the water supply. Apparently processing and filtration doesn't do a very good job of removing them.

It was also found to have traces of something that sounded like polytetrachlorifaziarcohydroacid...so much so that they issued a do not drink warning.

So, bottled water is extremely valuable and recommended. However, most bottled waters list the source and you may be shocked to find that the bulk waters like Nestle Pure Life and Deer Park are actually sourced from municipal water supplies (Buffalo, NY and Deer Par, PA I believe).

Dasani, Aquafina, Voss, Fiji, etc. are great. If you don't want the expense and the waste of bottled water, at least buy a Brita pitcher...

We are on a well here in NH. The water comes out freezing cold and perfect.

Also, in Manchester, NH, the processed sewer water drains into the Merrimack River, whereas the source is Lake Massabesic so all the garbage is not cycling back through the water supply.

In Ohio, the water is sourced from and drained into the Ohio River. Coupled with the fact that every factory along the way is dumping something into it...well that explains why the water is so terrible...

Aquafina ftw. Flavorless, odorless, clean, clear water. And its way cheaper than fiji. I've heard great things about fiji, but I've never tried it. I found my perfect bottled water already.

I can't believe the amount of bottled water that tastes like ass, or mineral oil, or bitter. Dasani burns my throat for some reason.

Yes, wells are delicious.

As far as Aquafina vs. Dasani, I would prefer Dasani because of the reverse osmosis. It does retain some of the essential minerals. Aquafina is completely pure and should only be had with a multivitamin. Just like distilled water and soda, it can rob your body of important minerals like iron.

that is a very good point. I havnt really thought about that.

It isn't robbing your body of anything, it is just not supplying you with things. Get your nutrition elsewhere. Water should be pure and clean and uncontaminated imho. I don't want to taste my water, nor chew on it.

Again, water is a solvent. The more pure that water is the more solvent it will become. And ultra pure waters, such as type 1 water, are actually so solvent that they become highly corrosive. Water will try to saturate with whatever it can dissolve, which includes vitamins and minerals. This is the principle of how these nutrients get in to our body, and the primary way that they are removed from the body. If the water is saturated with minerals ahead of time, such as spring water, the solvency of the water is greatly reduced. Instead of robbing the body of nutrients, the water must first give up what it is already saturated with in order to carry something else out of the body, such as toxins or nutrients. If the water has been purified then it is going to look for a source of saturation. These sources include toxins and nutrients.

A simple way to understand this is imagine I have two glasses both containing the same amount of water. One glass is R/O water, and one is spring water. Normally I use sugar in my analogy, but since we are talking nutrition lets go with vitamin C. If I start stirring the vitamin C crystals in to the water the vitamin C will dissolve in both waters because the water is highly SOLVENT. Guess what else we will observe with this experiment? We will find that more vitamin C will dissolve in the R/O water than will dissolve in the spring water. Why? Because the spring water was already partially saturated, and thus had less solvency than the R/O water. Therefore, we prove several important points here. 1. Water is solvent. 2. The more pure water is the more solvent it becomes. 3. Water will continue to dissolve until it becomes saturated, or in some cases can be made to supersaturate. 4. Water can and does dissolve nutrients allowing for their absorption and excretion.

It probably doesn't matter that much but in a society with rising cancer rates, maybe every little bit counts...?

The same set of data could be used to argue that mineral water doesn't carry toxins out of the body as well as pure water does.

I'm no water expert, but that study seems very biased. Did you happen to pull that from the bearmanpig's files?

It doesn't matter what water I drink, my pee always comes out clear. Usually happens more when I drink alcohol. lol

I don't think you'd want to fall from that high... or even think about jumping from a plane that was up that far. I jumped at 13k feet and there was maybe a minute of flying time before the chute pull. Considering that terminal velocity while skydiving is about 120mph- you're traveling at 2 miles per minute- you'd have to jump from 6-8 MILES up to get 3-4 minutes of freefall. That's 31k-42k feet! Right up at cruising altitude for a lot of passenger jets... actually higher than quite a few.
You need oxygen jumping from that high. And any exposed skin will get frostbite immediately. There was a show on MTV a few years back were they did crazy shit like this. A hot chick and a stuntman were the hosts. I have no idea how it didn't catch on. Fuel TV is an entire channel dedicated to the same idea and I love it.

Back