z3 fenders

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

i have z3 fenders on my 98 dx and i was racing the other night on the interstate and lost both inserts. Does anyone know where i can get just the inserts (z3 style) or a new style might be good also. thx

thanks b16ahatch. i have looked on ebay, but cannot find any that clip in. The ones on ebay you have to mold in and cut. i originally got them three years ago from RS Version.

I didn't think this subject would get flamed but oh well. But hey you learn something new everyday.

hey i was gonna let it go but couldnt resist :p the post sounded so funny when i read it, i just had to say it

its all good. I have been on this board for two years reading. I don't post much but lately I have been. Its a pretty laid back environment, thats why i keep coming back. And the good thing is you can get flamed and everyone is cool with it LOL. At least I am, I just dont care. B)

ah now i see. I didn't know you had the z3 inserts on your regular fenders. Just buy the entire z3 fenders, i only paid like $30 for mine off ebay. they fit like complete shit and i had to cut em up and mold all new mounting tabs on em but if your into bodywork then try it out.

me=profesional ricer

I hope you lost your "race" or else i feal bad for whoever was behind you that got bombed by Z3 inserts.

see i bought the entire fender with built in cutout for the grills. They included the inserts that snap into these cutout. The inserts were made of plastic. They included the mesh grill that goes behind the insert and everything. So the whole fender was ordered and made for these inserts. They just popped out while I was racing.

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Feb 22 2005, 06:37 PM
I hope you lost your "race" or else i feal bad for whoever was behind you that got bombed by Z3 inserts.
[post=464764]Quoted post[/post]​

I won the race it was against a v6 mustang. I think my insert scratched his car.

i don't have the originals one was totally dented from my cousin running it bicycle into it and the other one someone hit with their car and ran off.

How hard can fenders for a '98 be to find, anyway?

Cheaper and easier to just get new fenders. You'll never find ones that fit yours. Buy steel ones though. Fiberglass ones fit like crap unless you pour hours of labor in em.

Don't feel bad. About a year and a half ago my rims were stolen, which is when I got my alarm.

Anyway, for lack of rims I bought a set of those Ebay spinner hubcaps as a joke between me and my friends. We hit a back road in one direction at about 95. I picked up a second friend and we headed back, this time hitting 120(governor). When I pulled up at my house, I was laughing because I looked at my wheels. I completely lost one hubcap, and the spinner section off of a second wheel. I wasn't even heartbroken. $40 well spent. :D

Back