z6 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sernmd

i want to start building my car winter times coming and i have my work truck .... i was thinking about swaping.. but i keep hearing the motor i have is a pretty good starting point so were should i start with it???? (already i/h/e)

budget about 2 thousand goal 150 to 200 whp just for smoking these nerd dudes with there pep boys rsx's (theres like 20 of them and ther all ricers, ground lights altezzas, stickers, body kits all miscolored, shiny hubcaps ) so anoying but my car just dosnt have the pep to beat them:( shes old ... but so anyway yea thats all and she has 160 on her and she smokes at high R's so i cant just slap a turbo on.... or can i???

Find out why it's smoking first. For that power goal and budget you're going to need to turbo. You may or may not have to rebuild the engine first. Do a compression test to find out what's going on inside the engine.

So basically, you want to look cool to a bunch of idiots? Sounds like a great goal.

he doesnt have to go turbo... it just doesnt fit his budget to really go NA, could do nitrous but that just isnt as much fun...

Yup turbo it.

Build the bottom end if it needs a rebuild anyway with some cheap ass Vitaras and get some cheap TT rods and you are good to go. Might want some head studs while your at it and have the engine apart. Its just good insurance.

Getting 150whp all-motor cost near $3k

Nah, especially not if he already has a halfway decent I/H/E. I'd put it more about $1k if you're careful on parts selection and purchasing, then do the labor and tuning yourself.

Ya good headers are not cheap at all! I'm looking at buying a good one next year and its going to run me about 1k + tax.

It'll cost around $1k just for the head work, cam, and valve train. New pistons and block work would put in at least another $500. Most of the guys I've seen on D-Series.org who are at 150whp or higher have better than DC headers so that's another $1k. Add in the misc. rebuild parts and you're sitting pretty close to $3k.

Yeah, but like I said- do the labor and tuning yourself. Port work sufficient for 150whp can be done on your own if you know what you're doing. ;)

But yeah, $3k with assistance.

ok 3k it is il just put in some more over time, my wife to be gave me that budget anyway because ... and i quote "its a peice of shit honda".... ( almost dumped her) but na anyway being serious... i can not machine anything never tried dont want to try but i can build a motor i just need the steps such as what to get what to do first and what should be done by a profesional so on and so forth thanks guys

Back