Z6 CRX Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spectral8x

So I have a Z6 that I am bringing into the shop to have built up. I fully building the bottom end an am going to do a port polish and valves on the head.

Where my questions lie is on what turbo I should be running. HP goal is 400+. I would like to keep lag to a minimum but I understand sometimes that cannot always be done.

I've seen some builds with GT25 and GT30 turbos. To be honest I'm not sure too much what to look for in a turbo. I've been reading articles and information on turbos in general but I don't really have an idea of what I need.

Ideas?

get one custom built or find a kit that close and find a good welding shop and have them do some work...you could call ASP and see if they can fab you up some parts.

Brand doesn't tell you anything on its own...

Learn to read compressor maps and decide on your own what compressor will give you the power and response you want, then read up on the forums to see how the turbine sizes and housings available that match that compressor behave on spool and lag on throttle. There is a pretty large range of turbochargers that people would consider to have "minimum lag" at 400hp, but you'll have to read and decide on your own what's acceptable.

The TDO5HR twin scroll turbo can make some big numbers and spools really fast. They came on the Evo 9 and 10.

Last edited:
Back