1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z6 replacement engine question (not a mini-me)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Andrew, May 27, 2006.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Hey guys, well my stock A6's valves are all bent from a timing-slip inncident... so I'm pretty sure I've decided on a near-stock replacement to (in the future) boost.

Please don't flame or anything for choosing this motor(but I guess I shouldnt compare you guys to H-T [​IMG] ), I've jumped around from B16 to ZC, back to B16, and now this, and I think I want to do this most(just b/c it's 1. it's fairly cheap, and 2, I'd love to boost it in the future and get some experience under my belt in doing that...)

Anyway, my main question is, When I slap my tranny on there(L3 on my SI), will any civic axles work on my rex? Do I use mine, the EG's.. what?

If I had to guess, I'd say they'd all be pretty closely matched, if not all interchangeable, but I don't want to quote myself on it... So any info would be great fellas.

Thanks guys, and any tips on the swap that would help it go more smoothly would also be cool.(i.e. are the vacuum lines giong to all be the same?)
    -Andrew

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Well, Yes I'll be going obd-1, b/c I'll be using the ECU and complete harness off the EG, so yeah, I'll be obd-1.

Thanks for the axle info. I thought it was going to be pretty straight forward, but thanks for the reassurance! heh..

-Andrew

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

What do you mean by 'cabin side harness'? I assume you mean the a/b/c ECU plugs??
    YES I'll be useing the entire thing, so i'm good... I think..

right?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted