Z6 rotating assembly in a B7 block? is it possible??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ejclide

Swapper for life!
I had a shop time and tune my civic for me (crappy little B7 motor) when they told me that I can put the Z6 crank, rods and pistons in my B7 block, upping the compression to 11:1. then from there put a Vtec head on, and i've got a sweet D series. Is this true? or is there a slight manipulation of the truth?

why don't you just buy a z6 block and put some p29's in there? would be cheap and you'd still get your compression ratio up there. Would put you at about 12:1

Well, I would like to get the Z6 block and build it right for turbo, which i will probably do eventually. It's just that i rebuilt my B7 block literally a couple weeks ago, and i don't want that money (a lot from the bank of mom) going to waste. It's still slow, so i figured i'd get a vtec head at least.

And Dtob, you're in canada, right?

yeah, so i've decided that I'm just goign to put the Z6 head on my B7 until I have the money and parts to build a VERY turbo ready (15lbs hopefully) Z6 block. when i have the block pieced together, then i'll already have everything i need, and i'll just mate up the head to the new block and add a cam or something

Back