Z6 runs rough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prpprimo

Hondaholic
Alright, this is for the more experienced technicians as I have some under my belt. The engine starts but idles rough and revs slowly with very little power. Ensured timing. Plugs/wires/distributor replaced. Compression and fuel pressure checked out OK. (120-150 psi compression & about 35-40 psi fuel pressure) Further symptoms include fuel in the engine oil & oil/fuel out of the exhaust (fairly large amounts). Which to me are common symptoms of both a stuck open and stuck closed PCV valve, as well as worn valve guides.
Facts are, if it were a faulty head gasket or rings, I would not be getting the mentioned compression from the cylinders.:huh: Not certain that simply replacing the pcv valve would correct this. What are your thoughts?

min is doing thr same exact thing and my oil smells like gas and car runs very rich all the time. i would like to know also not to be a thread jacker sorry.

if you have fuel in your oil your fuel pressure regulator is bad, more then likely the inside diaphram is shot.

Yes, p28 ECU . All vacuum lines good. If I am overlooking a vacuum leak some where, could it cause the engine to run this severely poor and blow incredible amount of smoke from the exhaust?. I did not have "WOT" during the compression check. Never heard of it or knew that would make a difference. I will try it.

valve guides and seals?

WOT (wide open throttle) made very little to no difference. Same reading, except compression built up in less revolutions with the throttle open. What did make a big differnce is a wet compression test. Unfortunately this verifed faulty oil seal rings. :eek: Which explains fuel in the oil and rich/weak combustion.

Blanka..turned out to be RF interference...crazy ha//:yes:

To clarify this. Injector(s) were shorting out through RF interference from the distributor wiring, flooding the cylinders with fuel and causing the mentioned symptoms. Z6 now runs as advertised. (Daily Driver):D

Blanka, is that what you were thinking?

My Motor Was Blowing LOTS Of Smoke With A Ruff Idle. I Came To Find Out I Have A Cracked Block. If You Had A Bad Head Gasket, You Should Be Able To See Fluid Leaking Out Somewhere Around The Gasket When The Car Is Running. If You Have No Check Engine Codes Flashing ( always disconect the battery for a while before starting the car to look for codes ) Then I Would Take The Head Off And See If You Block Or Head Is Warped. You Will Use Something Strait Like A Ruler. Run The Ruler On The Bottom/Top Of The Head/Block, If You See Light Between The Head/Block And Ruler, Its Very Possible Its Warped.

OOD..I appreciate the post, please read the above posts. It was a flooding issue..the Z6 now zips it! No warpage issues here..;)

Back