z6 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jac_smk

I just put a z6 in my 91 crx si and was wondering if i had to swap anywires at the ecu for the distributor? i have the od0-obd1 conversion harness installed, just need to know about the wires? and also im using obd1 injectors that came with the motor, will they need any mods other than the plugs? resistor box thats in there will work or not? thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
I just put a z6 in my 91 crx si and was wondering if i had to swap anywires at the ecu for the distributor? i have the od0-obd1 conversion harness installed, just need to know about the wires? and also im using obd1 injectors that came with the motor, will they need any mods other than the plugs? resistor box thats in there will work or not? thanks
since your using the injectors for the z6, youll need to remove that resistor, and youll have to use and OBD1 distributor if you're using an OBD1 ECU, youll have to change the plugs on your current harness for the distributor and likely the plugs on the injectors.
Also, you'll need to change the plug for your coolant temp sensor, I did this swap in my crx a while ago.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
since your using the injectors for the z6, youll need to remove that resistor, and youll have to use and OBD1 distributor if you're using an OBD1 ECU, youll have to change the plugs on your current harness for the distributor and likely the plugs on the injectors.
Also, you'll need to change the plug for your coolant temp sensor, I did this swap in my crx a while ago.

ok im using the distributor for the z6 obd1 dist. what wiring will i need to do to remove the resistor? i already changed the plugs for the injectors so thats out of the way, just need some info on removing the resistor box, i connected the distributor matching all the colors except the seprate white wire which i hooked up to the yellow/green, thats all for the distributor? do i need to change or move any wires at the ecu? thanks

Back