z6 to y8 faults

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oddballesi

Just changed the engine in my 92 HB esi the car was running a d16z6 due to faliure had to change and the nearest avaible was a d16y8 got the engine in the car but keeps throwing

41.Primary Oxygen Sensor

3.MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)

The car starts up revs quite high about 2/2500 then just cuts out. The car is using the cars standard loom and ecu but the engine loom is standard from the 98 del sol obd2. the car also has a d16z6 throttle body on it.

Any help is very appreicated

(I know that it would of been best to use all the same loom of ethier engine or buy a harness for ecu just hoping theres a way round it seeing as we got this far)

Cheers

first where are you at the 98 sol was only made overseas
the y8 has a post and pre cat o2 sensor. In odb0 and obd1 they only used 1 o2 sensor
the map sensor is on the top of the throttle body so swiching to a y8 throttle body might solve the problem

what ecu are you using? obd2 p28 was for 96-97 sols si but might cover the 98
are you getting a code for the knock sensor?

He's from England, same place I'm from.

Basically, it's an obd2 engine harness which came attached to the d16y8 engine. The throttle body and MAP sensor are off the d16z6 engine, which shouldn't really make a difference as it's all being run off the obd1 ecu as it was before.

Do you think it would be best to use the obd1 engine harness as the obd2 engine harness may be slightly different and therefore be the reason its throwing up the error codes?

The rest of the conversion consisting of getting an OBDI to OBDII conversion harness allowing to run the OBDII ECU?

Back