1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z6 w/ Y8 intake mani

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by cmrmx31, Mar 14, 2009.

1. cmrmx31

cmrmx31 New Member

Hi i have an 89 crx dx, with stock D15B2. I bought a D16Z6 to swap into it, but for now i am just going to put the Z6 head on my B2 block while i build the 1.6 block. My question is, the Z6 motor came with a Y8 intake manifold, which is mpfi, and my dx is dpfi. I know i have to get a p28, obd0 to obd1 jumer harness, and convert to mpfi. My little brother just bought an 89 hf, which is mpfi. can i use his engine harness to convert to mpfi or do i have to get an obd1? He lives a few hours away so i can't go check it out myself. I am a noob so anything will help, thanks guys.

2. 8ballsin

8ballsin New Member

yes you can use his harness plus go on ebay and get a complete OBD to OBD1 conversion kit i paid 120 for mine on ebay

3. Korax

Korax New Member

The HF harness wont be a match to your plugs. It'll be a lot easier if you just add your injector wires to your DX harness.

4. cmrmx31

cmrmx31 New Member

so i can wire my dx harness to fit the y8 mani?? that would be nice. iv searched for this topic for a few days now, do you have a good link? thanks for the help!! how do i give rep points??

5. Korax

Korax New Member

Look up the DPFI to MPFI swap. Not sure of it's location.

6. disableddan

disableddan Crazy Insane

7. krzrican

krzrican New Member

Is there a diagram to show how to wire the resistor box also to make the car to a si?4 injectors

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted