z6,y7 or y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civichbstd

i got a buddy who has a 2000 civic hb and he plan on doing a build for turbo, but he does not know which engine to buy. he has a y7 in his car currently and a y8 head and mani(not installed) now and just want another block to build outside the car. So which will be the best stick with a y7 block, or get a y8. also if he got a z6 there be any issues with using it. obd2 to obd1 will be necessary of course. But mounting and wiring should not be an issue right.

i would use a y8 block with y8 head so u can stay obd2.......then buy an ex ecu ( not sure which one it is) then run ur knock sensor and vtec wires and then boost her.....other than that....mounting and all are the same...btw good luck with ur build :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
i would use a y8 block with y8 head so u can stay obd2.......then buy an ex ecu ( not sure which one it is) then run ur knock sensor and vtec wires and then boost her.....other than that....mounting and all are the same...btw good luck with ur build :mrgreen:

I think the y8 ecu is the P2P, obd2. It won't matter what block he uses, as long as he builds it correctly and gets it tuned well. If built and driven untuned any one of those engines could give way at anytime.

werd...mini-me y7 or straight up y8 will work. If it were me, i would convert to OBD1 that way you can actually tune your turbo build without buying a $1,000 piece of hardware.

Back