ZC any info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nosaholic

Hi I'm building a zc engine and one of the cams were broken. I bought a set of stock cams but the cam gears are larger. Can I use the old cam gears (smaller ones) with those cams or do I have to use the larger one they came with also how do I know if these are real zc cams and not a integra thanks for any and all help

Originally posted by nosaholic@Aug 15 2005, 08:07 PM
Hi I'm building a zc engine and one of the cams were broken. I bought a set of stock cams but the cam gears are larger. Can I use the old cam gears (smaller ones) with those cams or do I have to use the larger one they came with also how do I know if these are real zc cams and not a integra thanks for any and all help
[post=540519]Quoted post[/post]​

if the cam gears were larger, they are probably from D16A1 Integra and not ZC - yes, you can (and need to) use the ZC gears on the Integra cams - you cannot use the larger D16A1 cam gears without changing the timing belt gear on the crankshaft and most D16A1 crank gears will not fit on ZC crank - different diameter snouts on most

Back