zc awd in ef hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joker1375

Okay so i know the zc motor bolts into any d series trans but what I wanna know
Is will the awd wagon system fit into the ef hatch and what kinda trouble will I run into
With swapping it into the hatch. I wanna make an awd zc ef 3 door hatch wanna keep it 5
Speed too. Any answers will help. Thanks in advance.

Yeah a DOHC ZC will bolt up to any D trans. People have converted to AWD from the RT-4WD wagons. Look around. :)

unless you are a professional steel fabricator, it's not going to be worth your time, effort, and money. you would be better off just buying an awd car.

plus, the awd setup is garbage. it's not a true awd. the power balance is hugely out of proportion.

Some people have already done this IIRC; including the exact car and AWD drivetrain. I believe it was mainly the rear that needed fabrication.

I'd like to see one. Exhaust runs right up the middle of my EF hatch, where does the driveline go? I don't know how torque and exhaust could both go out to the back without some serious fabrication event. Then there's the shift linkage also.

Wagovan(which, stock, has the AWD system already):
DVC00816.jpg

I believe they also use a cable shifter instead of a solid linkage.

Also, other AWD cars like the Lancer Evo's have their exhaust running down the middle with the driveshaft.

Last edited:
Wagovan(which, stock, has the AWD system already):
DVC00816.jpg

I believe they also use a cable shifter instead of a solid linkage.

Also, other AWD cars like the Lancer Evo's have their exhaust running down the middle with the driveshaft.
It's a damn cool idea - probably not the best "First Project" - but, still I would love to have my hatch AWD - that would scream!

every time someone starts this type of thread, it turns into "just fabricate in a 4g63. it's way better".

we've seen a billion threads like this. just don't do it. there is no reason too. even if you did start, you don't know how to finish it. just get a turbo kit and lsd and call it a day.

cable shift linkage is correct.

epic tuning also made a awd eg coupe..

Last edited:
The 4WD "95 Civic Coupe is the second 4WD car that we've built. The first one was a '91 Civic Si Hatch which can be seen on our site under Customer Cars, 4WD Civic Si. It used a D Series engine and Wagovan drivetrain. The current car uses a combination of B series CR-V and D Series based Wagovan parts. Since building these cars, we've had a huge positive response to the 4WD Honda idea. We are working on fabricating kits to make 4WD available initially to EG Civic and DC2 Integra owners, and later, EF chassis cars. We have not yet finalized pricing, but hope to have the kit available by the end of the year. If you're interested in the kit, please send an email to info@epictuning.com and say that you'd like to be put on our 4WD mailing list. Put 4WD in the subject line and we'll keep you posted on the availabiltiy and pricing of the kits when we are ready.

Epic Tuning - Home

bolt on awd kit? yesh plz :)

Last edited:
Back