1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC axles

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by HerpsMcDirt, Feb 13, 2009.

1. HerpsMcDirt

HerpsMcDirt New Member

putting a zc in 91 crx dx.
    -can I use the DX or Si axles?
    -is the flywheel the same? I was going to use the zc tranny, but also have the dx tranny that is in the car right now. anybody have a preference?
    -And are the mounts the same?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

with the ZC transmission, you need the ZC intermediate shaft and 90-93 Integra axles - ZC transmission has same mounts as any of the other 88-91 L3 transmissions - which flywheel you use has nothing to do with the transmission

3. HerpsMcDirt

HerpsMcDirt New Member

Ignorance is bliss.

This is my first swap. Until now the biggest project I've taken on is replacing a clutch. Im a newb.

Thank you

1 person likes this.
  4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The ZC transmission's gears are more evenly spaced than the DX/Si/sedan's. The USDM transmissions all have the same 1-5 ratios but different final drives.

ZC transmission with the correct intermediate shaft do NOT use 86-89 Integra axles... forget which ones are the correct ones, but the 1G Integra is definitely not it. The 90-93 might be the right setup.

5. Rhiadon

Rhiadon New Member

I'm new to this site but not to ZC issues. I've just recently completed the install of a ZC tranny into a 90 CRX HF. Lots of work but very worth it. The hardest part was finding the intermediate shaft. Those things seem to be quite rare.

There is a great site for ZC specific information if you have not been there before. www.thezcr.com

The answer the question, I used the left and right side half shafts for a 91-93 Integra. I told the guy at the parts shop the GSR but I imagine it's the same axles for all the Integras. Not sure though. I figured if they were different, the GSR woudl be the most heavy duty. They fit and work like a charm.

Good luck.

6. HerpsMcDirt

HerpsMcDirt New Member

Hey, thanks a lot, Due to lack of money I am sticking with the dx tranny. I'll switch it later. I gotta good deal on a clutch and flywheel for the dx. I'm hoping it goes smooth.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted