ZC DOHC 1.6 FOR MY 91 CRX SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hardcoreflatlandcrx

Ok I've found a ZC dohc 1.6 engine---
The person selling the motor says my stock tranny will bolt right up,is this true?
And what are your thoughts on this motor?
He says it's 140hp-true?
He could not give me the block numbers over the phone cause it was not in front of him,but he had a note in his computer that an L3 tranny was hooked up with it.
Any thing else that you guys can think of that I will need?
He also said something about my stock computer working with it,but...
Help Please!

Yeah the motor will bolt up to the zc tranny. My friend and I put a zc in his crx si and it is pretty fast. I've seen 140 and 130 crank hp claims. We dynoed his car and it put down 110hp and 103 lb-ft. For the money, I think that it is a good motor. Not sure if you know this but there are some minor wiring adjustments you will have to make for the cam angle sensor. And one more thing, check the cam timing because my friends was off a tooth and I have seen others with that problem also. Oh yeah, the stock ecu will work also, but I would try to find a pg7 out of an older integra, not sure which year though, maybe like 89. The pg7 has a better fuel curve and higher redline.

What wire adj's need to be made?
Will the stock comp work with this motor? he does have one if needed.
Any other info needed?
Also I just spent $ on a high flow cat and muffler would that motor hook up to the old exhaust line?
Thank you!

I just edited my post about the ecu. As for the wiring I will look that up for you and post it in a little while. No problem

Wow that article is everything I think I needed to know!
The motor I'm looking at has the black valve cover-so thats the motor I was told to use=good.
Everything pretty much bolts right up-still need axles from a integra?
The guy said he could sell me some for $50.00!
Everything sounds good here,anything else I should know?

there is something you should know about zc's, there isnt as much of an after market support for them as the engine you currently have. but for being cheap and reliable they are great. and if you do this swap, i will be willing to buy your current engine, tranny, and axles, for a fair price
joe

Is it really worth it to find a PG7 for the ZC motor over the stock 1.6 Si?
Are their real noticeable gains?

Oh and what are some good bolt on mods for this motor?
I allready made a ram-air intake using the stock box with a K+N filter and a shop-vac hose. Also a high flow cat+muffler.
Best plugs and wires to use as well?

After talking to a mechanic that works only on honda he told me I'd be much more happy with the D15b vtec.He said all the ZC motors are like 10 years old and the D15b is much newer-will have less problems.
He said that my tranny would bolt up to it,but I might have to get some kinda MSD
box to deal with the vtec controls-any info on this???
Anything else I should know about the D15b motor?
Things I might need?

you dont need an msd box to deal with v-tec, use the ecu that belongs on the engine, or if you do a mini me swap, use the ecu that came with the head. easy as that, save your money, when you get more mods, then buy a v-tec controller
joe

Back