ZC DOHC OR MINI-ME A6/Z6

WHAT WILL GIVE BETTER PERFORMANCE?

• mini-me using a d16a6block and z6 head **

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RENR

help me choose, waht would you do? :unsure:

they both have pretty much the same hp , thats like sayin , "what should i eat, a hamburger fries and a drink, or drink fries and a hamburger, ahh i know fries hamburger and a drink" ;)

Mini-me would be easier to do, and cheaper. Go with that.

Hey man whats up...Just a few weeks ago I did the mini-me swap in my 93 civic CX hatch, cold air, plugs, wires, P28ecu chipped, and a few other small mods and I am very pleased with it. Runs great, revs high and def. for a cx hatch has ALOT of snap to it...

yea a zc swap is not that expensive, RENR were u located? if ur in socal i can prolly get u a dohc zc cheap and soon ;)

I would go with the zc. Especially if you plan on boosting it. The ZC has a nice pull in the low end and makes respectable high end power. Plus, it has molybdenum coated pistons, that's just too cool. The only other honda engines to sport those are the type r engines.

ooo good info guys, i might end up going zc but their a guy giving me a good deal on a z6 head75 bux!. man i just dont kno.... because i still would need to get teh rpm switch and all new gaskets that would be about 300bux. and the zc i can get it for 450. hmmmm, the zc does have more tunability..... but the mini me would be easier... dam this... :unsure:

Ok, here's some real information instead of me just saying "DOHC ZC" like everyone else...

DOHC ZC:
- easier to tune (especially boost) since you have two cams
- easier to tune because you don't have VTEC
- easier to install because you don't have VTEC
- harder to mod because of parts availability
- harder to fix when something breaks since it wasn't available in the USDM
- harder to go all motor cheap if that's the route you want to follow, no OEM pistons for high compression

Mini-me:
- easier to complete because you don't pull your engine
- easier to make power all motor because tons of OEM parts can be used
- easier to mod and repair because of MUCH greater aftermarket support
- harder to tune because of VTEC (not really)
- harder to wire because of VTEC
- huge huge aftermarket support compared to the DOHC ZC

Which way do you want to go, how much money do you plan to spend total, and how much power do you want to end up with? What kind of power curve do you want?

i want power for the 1/4mile. i think im gona go with the mini-me,since i can get teh head for cheap. thanks guys! ill keep you posted on the project.

Back