Zc (dohc) Or Zc (sohc)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drenni

:huh: I have a real important question are two types of ZC engines is there one DOHC and one SOHC now I'm not sure does any one know the truth behind this mystery I'm going to buy one cause I don't have enough $$$$$ chavos you know La Feria. So I was wondering if anyone would know before I swap (civic 90 DX real slow DPFI) :sleep: , thanks guys :worthy:

Originally posted by luVTEC@Apr 11 2003, 10:18 AM
look here

The only problem with that is that it doesn't list the SOHC ones.Yes there are SOHC and DOHC.ZC is basically the D series in the rest of the world.They are fuel injected and the older ones can be carburated.There is a ZC vtec,BUT,it is stamped as a D series.

hey so basically is the ZC a good engine or not, does bolt on the civic 90 DX :huh: :huh: , I mean that's the main idea that we don't have to go thru the hassel :sleep: , but thanks for the info guys!!!

the JDM ZC DOHC will bolt to 90 Civic DX, I was going to get the same motor for my 88 CRX DX you just need to convert to muiltipoint fuel injection b/c the DX has the crappy dual point FI. The DX tranny will work with this motor, but the SI will tranny will give faster acceleration. B)

Its a honda motor, so yes its good.

DO YOU THINK THE ZC SOHC WILL BE AS GOOD, :angry: . IT THE ONLY ONE I CAN GET FOR KNOW :D . ARE BOTH THE SAME HP OR NOT. THE GOOD THING IS THAT I HAVE ALL THE AFTERMARKET PARTS FROM MY OLD DX ENGINE THAT WILL WORK ON THIS ENGINE...

Originally posted by Drenni@Apr 11 2003, 05:44 PM
DO YOU THINK THE ZC SOHC WILL BE AS GOOD, :angry: . IT THE ONLY ONE I CAN GET FOR KNOW :D . ARE BOTH THE SAME HP OR NOT. THE GOOD THING IS THAT I HAVE ALL THE AFTERMARKET PARTS FROM MY OLD DX ENGINE THAT WILL WORK ON THIS ENGINE...

I CAN ONLY GET THE SOHC ENGINE FOR NOW :unsure: :unsure: , SO LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP

Originally posted by Drenni@Apr 11 2003, 11:45 PM

I CAN ONLY GET THE SOHC ENGINE FOR NOW :unsure: :unsure: , SO LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP

Depends they range from 70hp to 130hp,you need to know which model it came from.

Originally posted by Drenni+Apr 11 2003, 04:45 PM-->
@Apr 11 2003, 05:44 PM

SOHC ZC is about 120-130hp. DOHC ZC is about 130-140hp. I have a SOHC ZC in the CRX, and it pulled well enough.

Back