Zc Head On D16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SecretMan

i want to put an zc head(dohc) on my d16a(crx si 91) it is possible???
im machiniste i know the head bolt was not the same but i can make it.. other problen??? if you know if it's possible telle me héhé

tank's
J.p.

Dude, b4 you want to start doing something like this, understand ur engine. no u cant put a ZC head on a d16, notice a ZC is a DOHC? and a d16 is a SOHC? they wont match up, your could put a sohc vtec head on it, and get a little more results, but your better off just getting a d16y8 or a ZC.

yes you can do it there is a guy here who has a pic on some one who had done a zc head swap on a d16yb i believe or whatever the engine code is for the 92-95 civic and i don't see how sohc and dohc differ so much i've seen d16a heads on ew4 blocks alot not to mention the dohc b18 head swaps on the sohc b20

tank's for the reply, the only thins dohc differ is a longer timing belt.... if someone have website poste it tank's

J.p.

Originally posted by whatdahieu@Apr 17 2003, 11:57 AM
not to mention the dohc b18 head swaps on the sohc b20

OK that worked out so well that it doesn't get done anymore. It proves you can do anything with enough $, gumption, and time

For what it's worth there are a lot cheaper more proven ways to make power with an A6.

Originally posted by whatdahieu@Apr 17 2003, 11:57 AM
yes you can do it there is a guy here who has a pic on some one who had done a zc head swap on a d16yb i believe or whatever the engine code is for the 92-95 civic and i don't see how sohc and dohc differ so much i've seen d16a heads on ew4 blocks alot not to mention the dohc b18 head swaps on the sohc b20

What SOHC B20? I've never heard of one. The 92-95 SOHC VTEC is the D16Z6, by the way. It's in our reference section.

Back