ZC Header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gomezkun

Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^
Been a while since I posted, but thing's went bad with the loss of my CRX Si.

Anywho, got a 90 HF now with a DOHC ZC engine, not sure as to what header to be looking for seeing as how the engine looks bigger.

Anyone know? Be gladly appreciated!!!

ZC header fits no problem, using one now on mine. I use zc header, ZC 2-1 downpipe, DX (bored out) cat, SI resonator pipe and SI muffler. All the other d headers should fit fine. The one off my DX motor looks like it will fit fine although I have never tried. I have never heard of any other problems with other headers.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Apr 21 2005, 12:54 PM
ZC header fits no problem, using one now on mine. I use zc header, ZC 2-1 downpipe, DX (bored out) cat, SI resonator pipe and SI muffler. All the other d headers should fit fine. The one off my DX motor looks like it will fit fine although I have never tried. I have never heard of any other problems with other headers.
[post=489674]Quoted post[/post]​

88-91 Si header will bolt to the engine and bolt right up to stock Si/DX exhaust - won't bolt to HF exhaust due to close coupled cat, but the HF exhaust is way too small anyway - some, but not all, headers will need to be port matched to the ZC head - the ports in the ZC are raised about 3mm and don't match the aftermarket headers

Originally posted by jlicrx+Apr 21 2005, 11:07 PM-->
cheese9988
@Apr 21 2005, 12:54 PM
[post=489674]Quoted post[/post]​

88-91 Si header will bolt to the engine and bolt right up to stock Si/DX exhaust - won't bolt to HF exhaust due to close coupled cat, but the HF exhaust is way too small anyway - some, but not all, headers will need to be port matched to the ZC head - the ports in the ZC are raised about 3mm and don't match the aftermarket headers
[post=489875]Quoted post[/post]​

So pretty much, I am gonna be looking for just the basic header for a CRX or Civic? And its gonna have to be ported and matched with the block - woo.

I hear good things about DC Sports and Chinaka (sp?) ~ what you guys reccomend?

Before I forget, thank you soo much for you're help, I appreciate it much!!!
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Yep, some of the headers you will have to port...unless you have a ZC header, obviously you won't have to port that one. ;)
As for which ones are better perfomance wise, some of the other guys can tell you, I went for the stock look on the car so everything on mine has oem parts on it.

Back