Zc Help Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gyallis

I have a SOHC ZC motor(98), I have no idea how to get it in my 97 lx(d16y7), what will I need? Is it a direct bolt in? What about the Crankshaft sensor, Mounts, controllers etc. I have minimal knowledge but a basic mechanic giveing me a hand, just need a point in the right direction.

Please Help, Thanks
Donald

Is the year for the ZC a typo? Becuase the last ZC was made in 1993, all of them are OBD0, your car is OBD2. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but it would be much better for you and your car if you left in the D16Y7. You would need too many things for this swap.

I was thinking the same thing, but I checked online surfing endlessly and I find a few places that tell me there are others, Like:

http://cnsmotors.com/honda.htm they say theres :
91-95 CIVIC 1600 SOHC (=D16Z6) VTEC N/S ZC VTEC 1.6 for $595

http://www.ardperformance.com/cgi-bin/prod...2.pl?serial=201
1.6 SOHC VTEC Honda Motor. Direct from Japan. Includes engine and ECU (For 92-95 Civic/Del Sol. Direct bolt in, no motor mounts required. Also fits 96+ Civic with OBDII Adapter

THE ONE ABOVE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE THE ENGINE, How can I really tell?

thanks for your reply

Would I be better off doing a mini-me? D16y7 with d16y8 head?

yes, and i have that head available for sale.... $170 + S&H, pm me.....price is negotiable
97' d16y8 head, 40 k miles on it.....

If I cannot use the ZC head then I may take you up on that.

Someone help, can I use the ZC head on the d16y7?

Originally posted by gyallis@May 5 2003, 12:35 AM
If I cannot use the ZC head then I may take you up on that.

Someone help, can I use the ZC head on the d16y7?

no the ZC head will not fit on a d16y7, personally i would find out how complete that head is that VPSPOONSOL is selling, and i would go with that.

You'd have to identify the head to be sure.ZC is = to D series here in the states.If it is from a 96+ it will work.Even if it is pre 96 it can work with the IM from your motr and all that is attached to it.

Back