zc help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoBoost

i just got my dohc zc yesterday from parsausedengines.com. i actually went there and picked it up which meant i got to choose the motor that i wanted. there were three zc's and i took the cleanest looking one. when i got it home last night i pulled the wires and found that they were covered in oil and a red fluid that look like AT fluid. i then pulled all the plugs and found the plugs were covered in carbon and that on the top of the pistons that fluid from the plugs and wires was sitting there also. i called them up and i explained to them i thought i had a blown head gastket and they told me that before the engines are shipped from japan they oil them in the chambers so they dont corrode when they sit for a while. does this sound right to you guys? they said the motor will jsut smoke for a bit after i start it for the first time. also the oil was dirty as hell in my motor. also, will my dizzy from my d15b work on the zc? i iknow it wil fit but will it work? any commments would help

Yes, sometimes they do put oil on the engine parts to keep from corroding. And my engine smoked some when i first started her up. My engine had ugly spark plugs when i changed them and to top it off, there was some water in some of the chamber. but it worked.
just don't forget to change the usual parts that need to be replaced and you should be fine.

Did they give you a start-up garantee?

As for the dizzy, i think as long as it is obd-0 like the ZC ecu it should work. not sure though.

Back