1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC importers

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by BoogieDown, Apr 18, 2004.

1. BoogieDown

BoogieDown Senior Member

when i see all these importers qouteing my 35-40k miles on engines for only 500-700$ for a ZC but when i ask for a specific year some don't know they just say 88-91. how can all these ppl be gettin an 88-91 engine with 40k on them? do they even know? i want to later on go turbo but if the engine has really 140k on it i will blow it up right? i've never bought from an importer before so maybe i'm totally wrong but think about it.
    Does anyone out there know of a good reliable place? w/ resaonable(sp) shiping prices to FLA i called Jap Direct they want 700 for a ZC 225for ZC trans and 175 for DX trans and 95 to ship. anyone ever use them?

i guess this is swap related since you need to import most JDM engines to swap them in right?

2. BoogieDown

BoogieDown Senior Member

lots of reads but no advice :(

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Don't complain, just bump it if nobody answers. It IS the weekend, and lots of people are doing stuff on Sunday night to the wee hours of Monday morning. Be patient.

If you read some of the FAQs and articles posted on off the main page, you would see the answer to your 30-40k miles question. Nobody really knows how many miles are on the engines unless there's a vehicle history attached to it. The importers are all guessing.

I personally would never swap an engine straight in to my car without knowing its history or rebuilding it first- but that's just me.

4. WyoTeg

WyoTeg Junior Member

You can rely on the 30-40k mi. The reason you can is in japan they have a law on vehicles that after I think 60k km the engine has to be scrapped.

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

The laws are as such... the gov't is in bed with the auto makers so the gov't institued new taxes that make it more affordable to change the motor as opposed to driving a car with an excessively used motor...

these laws were passed through as "enviromental protection" cause everyone knows a motor with 40K miles burns soooooo much oil it will single handidely destroy the enviroment...

6. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

i'm about to buy a ZC from nippon motors. everyone says there reliable and they told me $751 with shipping from CA to NY. the motor was only 545 though.

7. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

hmotors (www.hmotorsonline.com) is the only place to buy motors off the net, most on here share this opinion with me, a plus for me is that im only an hour a away for there!

8. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I agree with the above post. hmotorsonline is the only place to go. I oreded my ZC with tranny from them and it looks ot be in great shape. (Almost have it in) Very nice friendly service too, also they were sold out of ZC's the first time i called but i was placed at the top of the waiting list when there next batch came in. Great people there at Hmotorsonline. Good luck to you in whatever route you go.

Jeramy

9. RC Syndicate

RC Syndicate Junior Member

it's not that it has to be scrapped, it's just that the tax to keep the vehicle is so high that it's more cheaper to just get a new car....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted