ZC Intake manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Deadboy48

My question is what other intakes are there that will fit the DOHC ZC engine?
Will the ZC1 fit ZC(88-91)?....heard that someone said a B series intake would worke with a ZC?

Any ideas? :)

ZC's are basicly the same as D-series motors.

I'm pretty sure any ZC or D-series intake will bolt on a DOHC ZC head

I guess its just the exhaust manifolds...I had a ZC header and port-matched my old A6 head to it...it's nice, easy little upgrade.

I personally stayed away from the ZC's manily becasue they don't have alot of options for them. There little to no aftermarket for the valve train or cams. I've built a couple A6's a put 130+hp at the wheels of them with a little machine work, a decent street cam, and basic bolt on's.

ok i have the same question i have a supercharge kit from a single cam i want to know if it will work on a dohc zc ???? sorry to get on your thing man but i need help

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i have the same question i have a supercharge kit from a single cam i want to know if it will work on a dohc zc ???? sorry to get on your thing man but i need help

I recall doing some research on that particualr subject myself and they mentioned that it will work with the DOHC ZC but you might have to mod a thing or two. There is a write up online:

http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~dmoore/sc.htm

I got lots of useful information from that. He also did the same engine with a Greddy Turbo and wrote a detailed write up for parts, mods, tools, gains, etc.

Another place I would highly reccomend for any ZC q's you may have is http://www.thezcr.com
(All ZC engines - DOHC, SOHC, SOHC VTEC)

Hope that helps :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
I guess its just the exhaust manifolds...I had a ZC header and port-matched my old A6 head to it...it's nice, easy little upgrade.

I personally stayed away from the ZC's manily becasue they don't have alot of options for them. There little to no aftermarket for the valve train or cams. I've built a couple A6's a put 130+hp at the wheels of them with a little machine work, a decent street cam, and basic bolt on's.

Hmm i have a D16A6 manifold....so you saing that it workes fine? But arent the intake tubes smaller then the heads?
Im planing on swaping all the parts from A6 (EACV and fast idle valv) to my ZC1 A1 intake.
Just caz all my wires are for a SI

Damn have to take a look at the A6 intake.....was i hard to port-match it?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Hmm i have a D16A6 manifold....so you saing that it workes fine? But arent the intake tubes smaller then the heads?
Im planing on swaping all the parts from A6 (EACV and fast idle valv) to my ZC1 A1 intake.

no no...not the intake manifold, it was the exhaust manifold. I put the ZC exhaust mani on an A6 head and port-matched the head.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

no no...not the intake manifold, it was the exhaust manifold. I put the ZC exhaust mani on an A6 head and port-matched the head.

OK :mrgreen: .....My D14 exhaust fits the ZC just fine to bad its 4-1

Thx anyway......im not far from starting the engine up:D

Back