ZC into 93 delsol questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSolMassa

Hello everyone, i got a couple of questions i hope you can help me with.. i was going to go with a b16 SIR in my delsol, but money came up tight, so i figured on a ZC swap. What little problems am i going to run into, and what little things am i going to have to watch out for?? This will be my first swap, so i am a little ignorant to it. Just looking for a little help from people that know what they are doing...Thanks for the help..

Plug and play, sounds perfect. is their a way i can find out what my engine came out of without calling the place i got it from? like a website or something. block # is 3004755. Just figured i would ask.

Anyone got some pics of a ZC i could look at?? thanks

ophetiousthegod@hotmail.com

with a Del Sol I would pass on the ZC and do a D16Z6 if you don't want to spring for the B series, Del Sol's came with D16Z6's so it would be easy.

Plug and play, sounds perfect. is their a way i can find out what my engine came out of without calling the place i got it from? like a website or something. block # is 3004755. Just figured i would ask.
just curious - what difference does it make what it came out of? it could have come out of a lot of different cars, but all 92-96 OBD1 DOHC ZCs are the same - more than likely it came out of 92-95 Civic Ferio RTSi

to take full advantage of the ZC, you really need a Si transmission

Last edited:
aslong as it isnt the dohc non vtec zc motor that is OBD 0 then it will work out great. plug and play, but i would suggest not putting a OBD 0 dohc non vtec zc in your car because there are many problems with emissions on cars that use motors from a gneration older then the car you are swapping it in to.

Back