Zc Motor In 92 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hadfield_K

ok i have a 92 civic h/b vx. I just got the zc motor, 5 speed cable trans, and ecu. I know i have to change out the axels. i have the trans. conversion kit and the motor mounts. i'm not sure if i have to change out the intermediate shaft? i was also wondering, my crate motor (zc) all the wiring is cut so would i be able to use my 92 civic vx wiring and hook it up to the new motor or do i need a all new wiring conversion? please the sooner i get help the sooner i get on the road and if you have anymore helpful info i'll need please help.
thanks

why didnt you just get a sohc vtec? same price and power less hassel. i would sell the motor in my opinion and get a sohc vtec out of an ex civic or si, it drops right in.

Is your ZC non-OBD or OBD1? if its non-OBD then go with the Soch VTEC thats OBD1. Less wiring hassel.

I just got the zc motor, 5 speed cable trans, and ecu

mmmm That ZC would go nicely in my CRX :D

ok i have the motor and i just want it in so if anyone knows what to do please tell me, i'd rather have tips and not opinions. not trying to be mean. thankyou

ok wiring might be crazy...but arent zc engines d series also...that means maybe u could use ur vx tranny and keep the axles and not have to swap em...

I would think you could just convert it to OBD1 and swap it in. Yes it's a D your current tranny and axels will work, but that tranny sucks, Do you have the ZC tranny? Put OBD1 injectors in and run a B7? distributor? You may have to check a couple dizzies to see what one will bolt up, but I'm sure one will, it may ned to be modded a little by dremeling out the bolt holes. Run a DX, or your CX ECU. It won't be at max power with that ECU, but should run fine.

I agree it is a bad idea, but if that's what you've got it will work. You have OBD1 injectors, harness, ECU and a tranny that will work. Find an OBD1 distributor(maybe yours) and swap it in. Note I think the CX O2 Sensor is 1 wire, so if you use your ECU and O2 sensor you won't have to rewire. If you find out an ECU that's better you'll need to add wires for the O2 sensor. There is a thread on here about it.

Best advice sell the ZC. I'd rebuild the stock motor(mini-me and P29 pistons) and get a 96-up EX tranny. Cheaper and more power.

solblu

yes i have the zc tranny and zc ECU. (the zc tranny is cable, my 92 civic is a hydro. but i have the conversion already to make that tranny swap.) with the zc tranny i need different axels? do i need all new wiring harness? and what did you mean by (Put OBD1 injectors in and run a B7? distributor?) what would i have to do if i used the zc ECU?
thank you for the help

i used a 95 dx wiring harness to put my zc in my 91 civicthere are are few plugs to change on t, but i would suggest selling my your tranny for your zc and then using your tranny and the money to havesomeone wire up your engine,
lata
jones

u need to seperate the plugs that go to the dist. and the TDC sensor on the motor, i rarley put opinoin in ish but i would have gone Z6 its less of a hassle..regarding axles u need to use the 89 integ ones and u have to like rig thenm to get them to fit becaseu they are kinda short, the 91 integ axels are worth a try and might work, but i have not seen it done....anothe thing u need is a 88-91 civic map sensor or use a diff TB that has the MAP on it..but i dont think u will find a TB that will fit othern the the ZC one onless u modify a Z6 or b16 one on to the Manifold...

Back