ZC or D16A8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

I was told this is a D16A8... is this correct?

ShowLetter10.jpg

ShowLetter11.jpg

Is it?

easy way to tell is the a8 had the ridges...the zc looks like the y8

shouldn't the block stamping say D16A8 or D16A9?

i have never seen one but they are rare and put out serious HP figures...

Ive read somewhere more like 142hp, but who knows if that's accurate? :shrug2:

Thats the D16A8, I can tell from the valve cover.
this is from Civic4g.com. just to make sure i dont give you any false info.
"Next in line was the 1.6L SOHC. Simply 1.6i for the European market and Si for the American market (US top model). (not to be confused with the JDM Si which is a 1.6L DOHC)
Second highest model was the JDM Si. It was equipped with a 1.6L DOHC (ZC) engine and delivered 130hp. The EDM 1.6i GT and 1.6i-16 (depends on country) had a ZC like 1.6L DOHC engine and had a stock 124hp (D16Z5) or 130hp (D16A9). All DOHC engines are equipped with Honda's multipoint fuel injection system (although there seems to have been a 1.6L DOHC non-VTEC with dual carburetors for the 4th gen.).

HP cant be any more than 135, the d16a8 is basically a D16A1 with different mounts.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thats the D16A8, I can tell from the valve cover.
this is from Civic4g.com. just to make sure i dont give you any false info.
"Next in line was the 1.6L SOHC. Simply 1.6i for the European market and Si for the American market (US top model). (not to be confused with the JDM Si which is a 1.6L DOHC)
Second highest model was the JDM Si. It was equipped with a 1.6L DOHC (ZC) engine and delivered 130hp. The EDM 1.6i GT and 1.6i-16 (depends on country) had a ZC like 1.6L DOHC engine and had a stock 124hp (D16Z5) or 130hp (D16A9). All DOHC engines are equipped with Honda's multipoint fuel injection system (although there seems to have been a 1.6L DOHC non-VTEC with dual carburetors for the 4th gen.).

HP cant be any more than 135, the d16a8 is basically a D16A1 with different mounts.

yea, thanks bro.

I got my info from our very own Hondaswap Reference Section

D16A8/9 1595 137@6800 108@5700 9.5:1 75 90 dohc no 0 1988-1989 Integra

Im such a newb, I think my plans for my CRX are simply a simple 6 or 8 lbs of boost on stock internals iwth turbo edit and really good clutch, since mine is going out anyway.

actually, the D16A8 with the ridged valve cover was from the UK Rover - the Honda Civic/CRX had valve cover same as JDM DOHC ZC - here are a couple of pages from the Haynes Rover 216 & 416 Manual - note the horsepower for the A8 - the same engine was in 88-90 Civic/CRX in UK

wMTExODkyNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTExODkzMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
actually, the D16A8 with the ridged valve cover was from the UK Rover - the Honda Civic/CRX had valve cover same as JDM DOHC ZC - here are a couple of pages from the Haynes Rover 216 & 416 Manual - note the horsepower for the A8 - the same engine was in 88-90 Civic/CRX in UK

thanks man, but we've already established the engine is from a 88-89 Integra.

I forgot to tell you to ask jlicrx, that mans a f'n ZC genious. I know a little bit, but he's the Xpert.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

thanks man, but we've already established the engine is from a 88-89 Integra.

actually the A8 isnt from an integra, it never came in a USDM vehicle. the A9 did.

86-89 USDM Integras are all D16A1 - the D16A9 is from EDM 88-90 Civic/CRX and is same as the D16A8 except it was without catalytic converter - here is page from UK CRX manual

wMTEyMjMwMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Back