Zc Or D16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex2nr

I'm sure that this has been asked numerous times, but what would you guys say is the best engine to put in an 89 CRX si?I'm not looking to have the fastest car on the street, just something that can win some races, and is fun to drive. I do have a turbo, and at a later time, I'm thinking of building a junkyard setup.

How hard is the wiring for VTEC? I will be getting the ECU from the donor Si...
How hard to find replacement parts for the ZC?
Which tends to be more reliable, considering this is my daily driver?
Anything I'm fogetting?

Thanks!

i'm running a z6 setup and it works great for daily driver with pickup. both have ups and down I would stick with the z6 because of the vtec.

I have a 91 si and I am planning on doing the mini-me swap so i can feel the thrill of VTEC.
I was wundering if their where any other ZC parts(besides the VTEC head) that would be worth swappin onto my stock motor to give it a decent jump in hp/trq.
Alright, thanks alot.
Later guys,
MFP

a zc is a wayyy better choice man. any sohc engine is pointless. i know theres guys that wont live without their sohc. but thats b/c they have never driven a dohc engine. ZC is sexy engine and will smoke and SOHC Vtec anyday. its also alot more easy to install.

just noticed something else.

[/QUOTE]I was wundering if their where any other ZC parts(besides the VTEC head) that would be worth swappin onto my stock motor to give it a decent jump in hp/trq.
Umm the ZC never came with a Vtec head, nor can u fashion a vtec head for it. if u mean a sohc vtec, it is not known as a ZC, its a d16z6

Back