zc or not??..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chrism1829

Getcha Mind Right
ok..i posted this before jut cant find the thread...and not tomany people answered...i have this hatch..needs some work..i will take pics tonight and show them...i need to know what it is..if it is a real zc..or just out of a american car...i am not sure..the engine number is scraped off..so i dont knowwhat it is..all i can see is some numbers and a (A1) at the top..then the numbers follow...bur i am not sure what it is..but i will take pics tonight..and someone tell me if it is worth selling..or keeping..to fix up...

A REAL ZC has "ZC" stamped on the block. Go look at my web site to see what it looks like on the block. If it has "A1" on the block tag, it's most likely a D16A1 from an 86-89 Integra. Those blocks are similar to the JDM DOHC ZC, but they don't put out as much power, the mounts don't line up quite like the DOHC ZC's do- but the pistons are identical.

ok well the thing is..i have a 87 integra...but everything is different from the engine in my car...the distributor is bigger...plugs are different..but everyone here told me that 87-89 tegra will work no matter what??..but it is totaly different...

If you have an 87 Integra for the US market, then you have a D16A1 and not a ZC.

i have a 87 integra for parts to finish the swap..in my car i have....but everything is different from the engine i have in the car trying to repair

88-89 integra D16A1 has a different distributor than the 86-87 (which had a round cap and vacuum advance) - the 88-89 distributor is the same as the DOHC ZC - you more than likely have 88-89 D16A1 in the car - is your car a 3rd gen hatch?

its a 91....they both are...but for some reason i cant get the pic posted up....but i will figure it out tonight when i get home from work...yeah on the car i have the 87 tegra everything is different..the distributor everything..so what is good to use on this car..for the other one..everythingis intaced...the motor..wires..everything..jut need to know what can be used on the 91's...thanks...
chris

check out the cam sensor on the end by the distributor, compare it to your parts car. the zc is noticably smaller.
joe

If it has a electronic advance distibuter i would say it is a d16a3 out of an 88-89 teg, a d16a1 is out of a 86-87 teg it has the vacume advance, i think it is american d16a3 because who would scratch of the i.d. tag of a j-spec motor? i think it makes a lil more sense that someone would scratch it off to hide its not a j-spec ZC

Originally posted by 91CRXSI@Jan 9 2004, 07:13 PM
If it has a electronic advance distibuter i would say it is a d16a3 out of an 88-89 teg, a d16a1 is out of a 86-87 teg it has the vacume advance, i think it is american d16a3 because who would scratch of the i.d. tag of a j-spec motor? i think it makes a lil more sense that someone would scratch it off to hide its not a j-spec ZC

no such USDM engine as D16A3 - all 86-89 USDM Integras are D16A1

Back