Zc Or Si Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drenni

I just did the ZC swap running good :D :D , very pleased but I have one delima which Tranny should I get CRX SI or ZC tranny I'm currently running in a LX tranny :( it's not bad but dam everyone talks about the ZC which one should I get :blink: :blink: . I driving me fuc___g nuts

The Crx Si had the ZC motor in it. what are you talking about? Do you mean the Civic Si tranny? there is no way to tell what your talking about unless you give a few more specifics.

Ignore that last incorrect comment. Now to answer your question which is better? Well the best bet is to get a Si tranny and put it's final in a ZC tranny. The ZC has short gears, but a small final drive, while the Si has the same gearing as the DX/LX with a bigger final drive. Also the ZC needs an intermediate shaft just like the B series and you have to use Integra axles. The Si tranny will swap right out with your current one. No different axels to buy or anything. So as you see it really is a difficult question to answer. I'd say go ith a ZC if you can find a LSD one cheap, then plan on putting the Si final in later. If not you can get the Si and just drop it in.

Thanks I heard good things about the ZC Tranny but I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, and for the answer the other guy had the CRX had the ZC engine :wacko: , yes but the JDM version not the USDM thank you so much. So now I Know thanks guys

Originally posted by solblu@Apr 24 2003, 11:21 PM
Ignore that last incorrect comment. Now to answer your question which is better? Well the best bet is to get a Si tranny and put it's final in a ZC tranny. The ZC has short gears, but a small final drive, while the Si has the same gearing as the DX/LX with a bigger final drive. Also the ZC needs an intermediate shaft just like the B series and you have to use Integra axles. The Si tranny will swap right out with your current one. No different axels to buy or anything. So as you see it really is a difficult question to answer. I'd say go ith a ZC if you can find a LSD one cheap, then plan on putting the Si final in later. If not you can get the Si and just drop it in.

Dude. LOL.

Crx Si JDM = ZC
Crx Si USDM = D series?

he didn't even list a year, or market, how the hell are you supposed to know what he is talking about genius? Sorry, I must lack your psychic skillz, or insane in depth knowlege that I lack

To make you happy the swap was preformed on a civic 91 :huh: , are you happy now or do you still need more info and I do know that CRX JDM ZC and the other !!! well you know. The question still stands with is better for everyday driving and for kicking the ever living shit out of anyone that wants it bad enough... So if anyone hasa personal exp.. B) well I'm still here thanks guys y ojala y te coman el oyo negro so presentado mamapinga :D :D.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 25 2003, 11:04 AM

Dude. LOL.

Crx Si JDM = ZC
Crx Si USDM = D series?

he didn't even list a year, or market, how the hell are you supposed to know what he is talking about genius? Sorry, I must lack your psychic skillz, or insane in depth knowlege that I lack

OK , why would he swap a ZC into a ZC equiped car? How many Japanese people post here? Use your god given sense and don't answer questions you don't know the answer to.

Back