1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZC parts in a D-Series

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 22crazy, Aug 2, 2003.

1. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

whats up, i was reading through one of the forums and i noticed that someone mentioned that they would put ZC pistons and rods in a d-series to increase the compression ratio. What i dont understand is how will this incease the compression ratio if both motors have the same bore and stroke and the compression ratio of each motor only differs by .2. (from what i was reading through the reference) Do people only do this swap for a gain of .2 pr is there more to this story? thanks

2. big rich

big rich Junior Member

well, I don't know what the gain would be, but I do know that the ZC has domed pistons. whereas the Si has flat tops. So you would get a higher compression, but I don't know how high.

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Do a search on here for the d series compression calculator. I do not know the link buts it been discussed before.

4. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

thanks for the info, but i couldnt find the forum with the link when i did the search, can anyone help me?

5. smurf bnms

smurf bnms Junior Member

6. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted