ZC PROBLEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragjunky

I JUST DROPED A ZC 2nd GEN INTO MY 91 CIVIC HATCHBACK DX IT RUNS FINE EXECPT FOR WHEN I PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL IT LIKE CHOKES OR STALLS AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE ...CAN ANY ONE HELP!

^^^ Not really, just check the voltage before you do it. Closed it should be .5V and WOT it should read ~5V (i think). Anyhoots, if it reads ~.5V at WOT and more than that closed, switch the wires.

well i tried changing the wires and it idles good when on.............but rough like at half throtle......but when i floor it it picks up....and runs good........

im running si computer...........and the code the it throws me is 14..........the IAC valve.......something like that.......i dont know if this has anything to do with it i doubt it.......i took off all my a/c and air ducts and unplugged all that.....my tps is fine.....it doesnt look broken or cracked.....

That sensor, the IAVC, is on the back of the Intake manifold. You can swap it out with your previous motor(Si, dx, whatever).

First I'd try resetting the ECU by pulling the Hazard fuse in the engine bay box for 10-15 seconds.

It may possibly also be your distrubutor. Does your tach bounce around alot at WOT or high RPM's? If so, it could be your ignitor. I've had to replace my distributor three times, everything else works fine though.

Originally posted by dragjunky@May 3 2004, 02:04 PM
I JUST DROPED A ZC 2nd GEN INTO MY 91 CIVIC HATCHBACK DX IT RUNS FINE EXECPT FOR WHEN I PUT THE PEDAL TO THE METAL IT LIKE CHOKES OR STALLS AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE ...CAN ANY ONE HELP!

same thing happened when i installed z6 into dx ...i forgot to switch the wires...reason it stalls out is that ecu is getting a neg signal....mine sputtered around for a while after i switched wires but cleared up in like 10 minutes...i also had reset the ecu..your best bet is to swap out that iat.

Back