1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zc question.

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 90_civic_Si, Oct 23, 2006.

1. 90_civic_Si

90_civic_Si New Member

[​IMG]

This is the manifold i got with my DOHC ZC, will this work on my car. I have a 90dx that is now wired for mpfi. Everything is working great but i want i ZC.
    Why is the throttle body different, and the fuel rail is the same as a 92-95 civic. Anyone else using this manifold on their civic?

2. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

thats the OBD1 92-95 ZC (manifold)

The 88-91 EF ZC has 3 vacuum lines coming from where that 1 big one does...

92-95:
    [​IMG]

88-91:
    [​IMG]

3. 90_civic_Si

90_civic_Si New Member

That`s what i thought, but it`s hard to find good info on the net. People say there`s no such thing they only made them from 88-91.

For the timing, what marks do you use? What should the crank pulley line up with?

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

http://www.zcspeed.com/ZCtimingbelt.pdf

if the timing cover is on, line up TDC mark ("B" in attached picture) with marks on cover

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  5. 90_civic_Si

90_civic_Si New Member

Thanks again for the info, very helpful. But my crank pulley has the three marks and then has two marks beside each other.

I took number one spark plug out and put a piece of tube in and brought that up to TDC and the pointer lines up with(or close to) the farthest one to the right. I figure that that is TDC for the crank.

Then i look at my cams and the intake is perfect and the exhaust is off a tooth. Just like the info you gave me saying to look at the cams and the hole in the cap, the exhaust is just a little of, enough to make it off a tooth. You saved me a huge problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted