zc single swap in a 89 hatch ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zccivic

I did the swap and everything went well even the wiring, car runs strong, occationally I get a hesitation on light acceration and a hic up from time to time while driving under a light load,did my tune up,didn't help,no codes being set.could I have the wires for the injectors backwards? the wiring write up in here doesn't specify which two to connect them two once you run them into the engine bay.so I just made the connection and it hits on all 4 . could my coil be going bad? could I have gotten some bad gas? I ran 93 octane,is that the right grade. or should I be boosting the octane?some help would be appriciated, I hate just throwing money at stuff . Thanks

check the gap on your spark plugs.
try advancing your timming.
get a new fuel filter.
check your cap and rotor.
check for vacuum leaks

new plugs .44 gap checked timing, right on. I found out the new plug wires I got were junk, my 15 year old wires back on and no more hic-up, all I have left for an issue is a bit of a throttle lag from idle to wide open throttle. seams to be about a 1/2 second before the motor responds, is this normal? or should I be looking to get one of those ajustable cam gears to fine tune the cam and crank timing,or maybe there is another solution-you mentioned advancing the timing,just a couple of degrees or more? Thanks for the help:confused:

Back