1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zc Sohc Vs Zc Dohc

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by delsolty, Apr 2, 2003.

1. delsolty

delsolty Senior Member

Ok I have the stock motor that come out my CRX 91 SI. Ok I want to know, to make sure. I can put a ZC head on the si block right???? Ok and I don't know if I want to go with the SOHC or the DOHC. Right now I have a DOHC in my CRX. But I think I want to try the SOHC out. Cuz I got a pal that has one in a 91 HB and he likes it. So tell me what you think??? Thx

2. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

go with a DOHC ZC motor and then put a junkyard turbo setup on it thats pretty easy to do and very cheap im getting a ZC motor today or tomorrow for only about 100 bucks! well lemme know how things work out for ya.... later

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You can't swap between SOHC and DOHC heads. If you already have a DOHC D block in there, you're not running the stock engine. If you want to try out a SOHC engine, you'll have to pull the whole engine, not just the head. SOHC ZC engines are pretty hard to come by, so you might just want to switch to a SOHC VTEC if you want to go SOHC D series. In any case, the DOHC ZC is the most powerful D series block (stock), so going to a SOHC powerplant will make your power levels drop a bit.

4. HkDx

HkDx New Member

dohc-sohc?

so you can switch the heads on a zc block to make it dohc or sohc?

5. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

This thread is 6yrs old.

6. buttered corn

buttered corn New Member

'nuff said.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted