ZC strength

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryan89crx

I have read that you can put the crank/rods/pistons out of an 86 or so integra into the JDM ZC. I know that the ZC can handle up to around 200hp. What can it hande with the integra guts?

i dont think a zc can handle 200 HP with stock internals...

As far as I know, there is no real reason a ZC couldn't take 200 horse. I know that the ZC internals are the best D-series parts however. I would get them cryo-treated or shot peened when aiming for more than 250. Can't tell you much more about Integra internals excpt that they will fit (88-89).

If you have the JDM DOHC ZC already, don't bother swapping the Integra internals in. You already have pretty much the strongest components available for your engine from the factory. The 86-89 Integra engine is nothing but a weaker version of the DOHC ZC block.

As for strength under pressure- the DOHC ZC can handle more than 200whp without breaking a sweat. Just tune it properly and you're fine.

damn. doesnt the zc come with like 120 HP on a good day? another 80 hp wont sweat it.... thats a stout motor to be able to handle a 66 percent increase in HP without a sweat. if i put another 60 hp on my engine it would shit on me.

DOHC ZC comes with 130-140hp at the crank. Just about all D16 blocks can handle 200whp without any problems, as long as they were in good shape to begin with and are tuned well on the dyno.

Back