ZC Swap Done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If any of you guys are curious about how fast a ZC Civic runs with a four speed at over 5000ft in El Paso, Tx, it runs a 17.1. Fast huh? Anyway, it is vibrating alot! Is that normal with the ZC swap or is somthing wrong? It gets so bad it rattles my windows.

:ph34r: SOUNDS LIKE IT HAS TO BE MOTOR MOUNTS. I AM ALSO IN EL PASO. WHAT YEAR CAR DID THE ZC SWAP INTO. SEEMS LIKE YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING A LOT FASTER THAN 17.1. DID A D16A SWAP INTO A 88 CIVIC AND IT IS RUNNING FASTER THAN THAT. IF IT IS MOTOR MOUNTS THS MOTOR WOULD VISIBLY ROCK WHEN ACCELERATED

yeah bad choice in tranny, i did the same thing, i had to use a 4 speed tranny when i did my swap because i ran out of funds
joe

WE USED THE STOCK FIVE SPEED FROM THE 88 LX AND DIDNT HAVE THAT PROBLEM

not really that fast I did 16.03 first time out but I have seen in person 14.7 with intterior and I/H/E on a DIY tuned ECU. The guy just really knew how to drive. Also has a 11sec turbo crx.

With DX tranny. That's nice!!! The ZC tranny is better, he prob could get 2 thenths lower or mybe a 14 also with the ZC tranny

i pulled a 15.4 in a 90 hatch on a blown clutch out here in rochester ny with the stock wheels. 17.1 is definately not right. sounds like what it would pull on 3 cylinders. pressure test the cylinders, keep in mind these ZCs were sitting in some japanese garage for 10 years before we got them.

Ya stale 10-15 year old engines suck. Hopefully mine will hod boost. Probably get a 2mm head gasket and such but we'll centainly find out

Back