zc swap drivers side motor mount???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm94ex

i just scooped a 90 civic hatch with a dohc zc swap and the driver side mount dosent fit what mount do i need for that????

The mount should fit. Did you buy the car, with the swapped motor, and the mount is off the bracket? When I dropped in my motor, I had to have one of my roomates push on different sides of the motor with a crowbar, as I bolted each one down while the motor was still up in the air.

yea the motor it in but the mount is only half way in and the dude said he couldt get it to go in any farther just pry on it or is it a dif mount

Ya sounds like the problem I had. Although, mine was up in the air already when I was doing this. I "think" I put the tranny side mount on first if I remember right, and then the driver side engine mount, hopefully you can move the motor around without having to take off the front rear tranny mounts. And a FYI, the two side mounts hold up almost all of the engine/tranny weight. The front/rear mounts help keep the motor from turning when you are driving.

I had the same problem too. Make sure the other mounts are loosened up and then your going to have to give it hell and force it to fit. I had like 4 people helping me plus an engine lift and I still had trouble getting it to fit right.

Originally posted by jdm94ex@Nov 24 2004, 03:59 PM
i just scooped a 90 civic hatch with a dohc zc swap and the driver side mount dosent fit what mount do i need for that????
[post=421845]Quoted post[/post]​
is the ZC an OBD1 engine? if so, you need to swap the bracket on the front of the block for one from 88-91

Originally posted by jlicrx+Nov 27 2004, 12:00 AM-->
@Nov 24 2004, 03:59 PM
is the ZC an OBD1 engine? if so, you need to swap the bracket on the front of the block for one from 88-91
[post=422721]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i know if its obd1

Originally posted by jdm94ex+Dec 2 2004, 05:21 PM-->
Originally posted by jlicrx@Nov 27 2004, 12:00 AM
jdm94ex
@Nov 24 2004, 03:59 PM
[post=422721]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i know if its obd1
[post=425278]Quoted post[/post]​

OBD1 doesn't have Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft, has MAP sensor on top of throttle body, has gray plugs at the distributor

Back