1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zc swap help...into 91 crx hf

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by pyro_freak8, Mar 24, 2004.

1. pyro_freak8

pyro_freak8 Junior Member

i have a 91 crx hf that i just dropped a DOHC ZC into, the engine came with an si engine harness and my car is an hf, everything plugged in fine, but when i tried to start it i don't get any spark.... if i let th car sit for a few minutes and come back and turn the key to the second position it will give one spark, then when you try to start it nothing.... i'm also getting a CEL code 15(igniton output system)...is this because i need to use the hf engine harness? anyone?

2. pyro_freak8

ttt.....anyone?

3. HondaMoCo

HondaMoCo Senior Member

yea, take off the si harness and plug in your HF harness, all you have to do is take the two blue wires from the distributor plug, blue/yellow, blue/green and run it over to the Cam angle Sensor on the exhaust cam. when you do a swap, you should generally try to stick with your stock engine harness.

4. pyro_freak8

got it running....runs great... thanks..

5. crx

crx Senior Member

you could use the si all you have to do is run the ignitor wire from the pass shocktower(si) to the drivers side(hf)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted