ZC swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldHB94

i just did a ZC dohc swap in my 88 STD hatch, i did the mpfi swap and it has the zc ecu in it. not i left the zc dizzy on it 5 wire plug so when i did the mpfi swap i just pluged the stock dizzy motor harnes to the zc dizzy, on now the 2 wires form the ecu for the dizzy on the mpfi swap i put to the crank angle sensor on the exhaust cam. no i get code#4 (crank angle sensor) and it is stuck in limp mode.

do i have to wire the crank angle sensor to a different spot on the ecu?
can the crank angle sensor be bad? if so is there a test to do on it? and if it is bad where can iget on from? and what car app i use?

also i heard about using a stock A6 dizzy and just gettin rid of the crank angle sensor all togther......true?

the sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft is not the crank sensor which gives you code 4 - it is the cylinder sensor, which would give you code 9 - you cannot use the A6 distributor as it won't bolt onto the head - if you don't have code 9, then you have the cylinder sensor wired correctly - usually the code 4 is from a bad distributor, but could also be from incorrect camshaft timing - did you change the timing belt?

i fixed it took me a wile but one of my pins for the mpfi swap pulled out of no biggie and i put a obd0 LS dizzy on it with the LS end cam cap to make for the bold holes to line up now she runs really well but thanks for the help

Back