ZC Swap - knuckles/hubs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parkerfly

I'm doing a ZC swap in my 91 CRX HF. Just got the engine, transmission (ZC), and ecu (ZC) yesterday. I know I need to get some axles from a 90-93 Integra but I'm not sure about the knuckles and hubs.

I've read that I need the knuckles and hubs from any other CRX or from any Civix other than the standard model. (What's the standard model?) I've also heard that you can use the whole setup (control arms, knuckles, hubs) from an Integra?

What should I be looking for when I go to the wrecking yard this weekend?

Thanks.

sorry, but not THAT knowledgable, but i will try and help

first off, do you have a dohc ZC, or sohc ZC, and is the block stamped ZC?
where did you get the motor?
and where does the motor mount on the drivers side attach to the block? on the front or on the timing belt side?

the standard model is the civic STD, for standard...
these are generally 4 speed piles of shit with like 60 hp...

not sure on control arms, but i would think you can use the knuckles and hubs from an integra if you are using integra axles but you will most likely need an alignment badly...
if oyu need to change knuckles and hubs try and find the set that will work with the biggest rotors... ie: integra rotors are prob bigger than civic rotors, giving you better braking..

I know for sure what you need.

You need CRX DX or Si Hubs and kuckles. You can also use 90-91 integra ones (what I'm running), but it could throw off your alighnment a lot. I dont know if it can be fixed (Havn't gotten my car alligned sice installing them). So, I would recomend:

CRX DX or Si - WORKS FOR SURE
90-91 Civic 4dr EX hubs
Teg - may work

These are proving tough to find. I've gotten some messages from places like http://www.car-part.com/ that say they have the 'spindle' I need. How does a spindle relate to the knuckles and hubs?

Back