Zc swap NEED HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

u8rice2

I just got my zc swap started after finding out the wires were in the wrong order. Now it fired up but its throughing a code 9 and me and my dad don't know how to fix that. Also is the code 9 related to the up and down idleing. Today i got an 88-91 dohc acura integra automatic ecu, will it work? Thanks if you can help!!

well first....

check the reference section for Codes before posting...

Code 9 - CYP Sensor (Cylinder) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor.

It has nothing t do with surging Idle thats the IACV - Idle Air Control Valve and for that there is a common fix in the REFERENCE section so go look.

the ecu will work. However the car will run rich. And it wont perform as if it were being ran off the right ECU. Everything will be different, Ait/Fuel maps etc... cuase Auto's run slightly different than manuals.., my suggestion get the right ECU...

that automatic ecu will jack yer engine up. Get a 88-89 integra 5spd ecu.

the code 9 is yer exhaust cam sensor. Measure the volts to the sensor and that'll tell you if you're getting enough poewr to it and if the circut is good, then if that is good, then its a bad sensor, if that doesn't fix it, then usually it means your timing is off becuase the belt isnt lined up right. replacing the timing belt is pretty easy, jack the car up, take off driver side tire, support the motor with aother jack, remove the right side motor mount, take off the cover, remove the pully, and then you can replace yer belt and setup your timing. While you're in there, you should probably change your water pump for good measure if you have the extra $30 to spend on it, and then just line up the mark ont he crank, then open the valve cover and ther is 2 punch holes ont he cams, line them up w/ punchs and put the belt on it is kind of tricky but im sure you'll figure it out...it is easier w/ 2 people becuase then you can turn both cams w/ sockets after u get the first started.

to recap

1) check sensor wires
2) replace sensor if needed
3) check timing on exhaust cam
4) replace belt and adjust timing if needed
5) change yer ECU!.

you're car will run so much better w/ a 5spd ecu.

hope it helps

nathan

I just fixed my code 9 problem. I had checked my cam position sensor on the exhaust cam (it was good), then I checked my timing belt and found the intake cam was off my one tooth. Fixed that up and no more code. BTW to check the CPS use a multimeter to check the resistance on the 2 wires, should be between 800-1000 ohms.

Good luck

Is that 800-1000 ohms while the car is running or the key on. Also the two wires from the sensor or th distributor?

The idle was fine but you could hear the car misfiring and CEL would come up after about 5 seconds of idling.

Check the resistance on the 2 wires coming from the cam position sensor. Car or power shouldn't be on. Unplug the distributor plug and check the resistance there of the 2 wires going to the CPS.. should be between 700-1000ohms.. not 800-1000 as i said before.

ohmstable
thanks for clearing that up. I was unsure of what needed to be done there but yeah

thanks

Back