ZC Swap Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah it looks like my intake cam is advanced a tooth too far, im gonna try that tomrrow

:D Finally got the swap complete!!!! No more ECU codes, timing is correct, and runs pretty good. Idles a little low, but no too bad. The lights will also dim when I press in the clutch, but I think thats because the alternator belt isnt tight enough. Took 3 days to swap the engine, but 2 weeks to troubleshoot it. I'm so glad I'm through. Thanks to everyone who offered technical support.

what year is your ZC, i set my timing back to stock and its idling way better but its stuttering when idrive. i got a brnd new 89 integra distributor and ikeep throwin code 9's . it seems like my timing is still off but i know its set the right way. (up arrows str8 up on cam gears) its not pullin as hard as it should either. theres a strong smell of fuel also. im gettin really impatient. when i layinto at full throttle it runs fine but when im idlng or just cruising it sputters. any ideas?!!!

Well, if the timing is correct, both arrows straight up and the marks on the side must be lined up also, then check your cam angle sensor wiring. Mine kept throwing the code because I had a weak connection with my wiring. After I reconnected it and taped it up it was fine. Another thing, check your spark plugs. Mine were solid black because of the cam timing being off. I put some new NGKs in it and it ran a lot better. Did you reset your ecu. What about your ignition timing. Have you checked that? So here is what I would do:

1. Check your wiring for accuracy and good connections.

2. Check your spark plugs.

3. Check your ignition timing. Set it at 16 degrees or the middle mark on the crank pulley.

4. Check your plug wires.

I hope this helps.

ok the zc swap is about dumb. I have one in my CRX and it has been in it for 3 years. And it still does that shit all the time. Like I be riding down the road doing 60 at 3,500rph and it just JUMP DOWN TO 2,000rph and stat fucking up. And when it shots back up to 3,500!! It is so gay when it does that. My swap does it about 4 times a year and no one knows why????

HOMO ZC GO TO HELL!!!

ok listen to this, apparently, even though everyone can use a 89 dizzy with their black top DOHC ZC mootr, i cant. As i was messing with it today, i set my timng back to stock and my dizzy was advanced all the way. no combo of advancing or retarding the cams plus the dizzy was working. well i figured out that the 3 bolts that hld my dizzy into the head, thats where you advance it and retard it, werent allowing me to get the distributor to line up with cams (ignition timing being 16 degrees) so i took all three bolts out, and advanced the dizzy all the way, what do you knw wonder of all wonders, NO CODE 9!!! now i have i t ghetto rigged with a braket i made to allow me to keep it advanced all the way, im going t order some adjustable cam gears to see if i can bolt the dizzy back down and fine tune so i dont need te ghetto rigging. so my timing is dead on, igniton timing is perfect and man oman does it pull SO much harder than it did. i smoked a I/H/E 240 sx my friend has and i ran a couple LS interas and i out revvedthem, didnt smoke them bt i beat them. i will post picks of my dizzy rigged and you guys trell me if you have ever heard of anything like this before.

Back