ZC Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi guys and or gals,
not too long ago i posted about an Ls VTEC swap. did not work out for me. was guna cost more then i was willing to spend i guess but my question is this. about 5 mins. ago a guy told me i can put a ZC head on this block:B18A ls block bored to 81.25 (oem oversized). With Ctr Pistons on Ls rods.
i have the block because of the not really started ls vtec swap. i thought that the zc was a D-series and wouldnt match up to the B-series...thats what i thought if im wrong its because im still not that educated with all this yet i am still learning. if this is possible he also told me i would get a good amount of power out of this set up with head work done to the ZC but i dont even know if it matches up. so if this is just completely false please be nice. also OBD1 into an OBD0 car is not prefferd but with the wire convertions does this elliminate the headache for the wiring? thanks for the time and if you have any information please fill me in. i do plan on researchin this more but it sounds too good to be true. thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi guys and or gals,
not too long ago i posted about an Ls VTEC swap. did not work out for me. was guna cost more then i was willing to spend i guess but my question is this. about 5 mins. ago a guy told me i can put a ZC head on this block:B18A ls block bored to 81.25 (oem oversized). With Ctr Pistons on Ls rods.
i have the block because of the not really started ls vtec swap. i thought that the zc was a D-series and wouldnt match up to the B-series...thats what i thought if im wrong its because im still not that educated with all this yet i am still learning. if this is possible he also told me i would get a good amount of power out of this set up with head work done to the ZC but i dont even know if it matches up. so if this is just completely false please be nice. also OBD1 into an OBD0 car is not prefferd but with the wire convertions does this elliminate the headache for the wiring? thanks for the time and if you have any information please fill me in. i do plan on researchin this more but it sounds too good to be true. thanks

Basic understanding of engines: D series will only fit D series engines (with the exception of ZC), B Series will only fit B, etc., etc., etc.

I have heard of some oddball things done to the engines but they have had to fabricate it and I am willing to bet that you are not willing to go with that much of a project. If you have anything that you are curious about revolving the ZC engine, you can go to The ZCR ~ lots of good info on anything ZC.

the DOHC ZC head will not fit the B18 block - the B18 has larger diameter cylinders than the ZC which means the center to center distance of the cylinders is also larger, resulting in the B18 block being about 2" longer than the ZC head - in addition, the head bolt spacings are completely different

Alright thats what i figured. i wouldnt mind going that far into a swap but im going on vacation to Florida this year so im tryin to save some money for that. thanks for the insight and if anyone else wants to comment on this please feel free. also i plan on selling the block i metioned on Ebay if you want more info on that let me know my email is:
pedro41103@yahoo.com

thanks

Back